Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day Two Hundred and Fifty Nine - Independence

In case you'd somehow missed it, I still live with my mom. I don't live rent free, I pay half the rent and we split groceries and I pay the utilities etc. She's my roommate. And I love it. We get along fantastically.

But... well... everyone always told me that they just didn't understand it. Didn't I want independence? Didn't I just yearn to get out in the world all on my own? I sort of shrugged. Not really. I had independence. My mom understood (mostly) that I'm 24. I do what I want, when I want. It's not like I have a curfew or something. And I never understood what was so great about being on my own. That is, until now.

Nothing happened. My mom and I still have a stellar relationship and I still enjoy living with her. I just... can't anymore. I have to move. I have to get away from this town and try something new... on my own. I need my own place, and my own space. (Though I plan on having a roommate, just not one I'm related to.) I need to try to do it on my own. I don't know why. I have no idea. I simply know that I have to.

And I'm excited. There are so many things I want to do. So many ways I want to decorate. So many different things to try. And so many ways to learn the way not to do it next time. All by myself. I get it now. I don't understand it, but I get it.

It's fitting that it while I'm in the Rabbit Hole. Now we get to figure it out together.

No comments:

Post a Comment