Saturday, August 25, 2012

Day Two Hundred and Seventy Four - One Perfect Moment

In the last week, I have had one perfect moment. There has been a lot of work, and a lot of working outside of work, and a lot of not sleeping enough, and a lot of hormones and emotions and facepalms. But yesterday, I was lucky enough to have one, perfect moment. I don't know how long it lasted, I think it was for almost two or three hours. I was in a big fluffy bed, eating a warm apple pie topped with crumble, sipping coffee, looking through a Christmas themed craft and recipe book, while listening to Christmas music, and sharing this perfect moment with a good friend. I was in heaven. I was perfectly and totally at peace, utterly relaxed, without a care in the world. For that moment, everything was perfect.

I think I need those at least once a week. Because lately, with all the change, and all the preparation going on with the change and for the change, I'm having a really hard time getting enough down time. I work all day at work, and then come home and work until I collapse in bed and haven't been getting enough sleep. But I also stress too much and have to remember that everything will get done and I just need to let it happen. This is a happy time, I haven't been this excited in years. I've just got to remember to take a break now and again, enjoy the life I lead, and remember why I'm doing all of this.

For me.

No comments:

Post a Comment