Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day Two Hundred and Sixty Three - Emotional Snuggie for the Social Situation

"I'm your emotional snuggie for social situations," he said, sipping his beer. I laughed and had a sip of my wine. He was right. That was it exactly. You see, I tend to get a bit nervous in big crowds. Really nervous, in any crowd actually. I clam up. Except when I'm with The Gentleman. Then conversation comes easily, and people don't make me nervous. He is my emotional snuggie for social situations. 

I just feel more grounded, more stable when I'm with him. He always has a plan, usually a really well thought out one. And because he has a plan, I don't have to. There is a calm that comes when he's around. Everything is okay. He's kind and strong and warm and there is something in his eyes... something deep that is worth waiting for. 

I'm probably too tired to be writing this. There is no real lesson. No thought. I just miss him. And wanted everyone to know a little bit more about his awesomeness. And his awesome quotables. Because that was a The Gentleman original.


No comments:

Post a Comment