Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day Two Hundred and Sixty Nine - Vacation

I need a vacation. From myself. From my own thoughts. From my own feelings. From the past and the present and all that is to come. But there is no vacation from me. I'm stuck with me for the rest of my life. It's not that I dislike me. I'm pretty awesome. But I'm overly complicated and very self absorbed a lot of the time. This is one of those times. I need to feel small again, to remember my own littleness. I need to remember the really big things.

Like how much I am loved. Like how my life is made to glorify my God. Like how lucky I am to have friends like I do and the opportunities I have and the life I lead. Like how big the world is and how much life there is to live. Like all the beauty that the world is full of. Like the cool breeze outside my window. The things that really matter and pull me outside of myself, I need to remember those things.

And take a deep breath, and carry on. Everything that was, was. Everything that will be, will be. Everything that is, is. I know what I need to do and will do it, day by day, because each morning, everything is new.

No comments:

Post a Comment