Saturday, September 29, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Four - Finally Makes Sense

There is a song by Hunter Hayes called "Wanted" that has a line that says, "I don't know how you do what you do, cause everything that don't make sense about me makes sense when I'm with you." I'm discovering daily how true that is. I understand so much more now. I understand why my heart is the way it is. I understand why its so intense and why its so protective and why its so stubborn. It makes sense now. I understand my strengths and my weaknesses better. I'm thankful for them. 

I understand that my 'girly' desires are not a weakness at all, but a strength when they're fulfilled. When I feel cherished, I am unstoppable. When I feel wanted, I am free. And I am free. I am free to be me. I have never felt more free, nor more myself than I do at this moment. 

Free to be silly, free to be goofy, free to be ornery, free to be girly, free to be strong, free to be confident, free to be shy, free to be modest, free to be faithful, free to be true, free to be beautiful, free to be weak, free to be the best sparkly marshmallow I can be. Free to move to Wisconsin (fingers crossed). Free to chase my dreams overseas if need be. Free to follow my heart. Free to praise my God. 

All the parts of me that never made sense to me before do now. Because they seem to have found their match. He gets me. He helps my quirks make sense because they match his in the most unexpected ways. And I think he feels the same. We make so much more sense when we're together than we ever did apart. 

And wouldn't it be true? The heart that seems to fit to mine better than any other is nothing like what I was looking for. It's so much better than what I was looking for. Man, I love it when God overrides me and gives me the gift that's best instead of the gift I asked for. That... that is a good Daddy who loves His daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment