Saturday, September 29, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Three - We're Both Right

Today, I got into a rather epic fight with my brother. About politics. We agree on almost identical platforms. (I believe in same sex marriage, he does not.) However, we do not agree on the best thing to do in this election. He says that the best thing to do is vote for Romney because every vote for Ron Paul or Gary Johnson is a vote for Obama. I say that I cannot in good conscience vote for 'the lesser of two evils' who, in my opinion, isn't really 'lesser' at all. I want real change. And Romney sure as hell isn't going to give it to us. He's so close to the left he's purple at best. And if more people stuck to their guns and voted for the lesser known, but vastly better guy, he might actually have a chance at winning and thusly bring real change.

Thing is: we're both right. He's right. But so am I. Gary Johnson isn't going to get into office. He's not going to win. And his is stealing voters from the right, not the left. But I'm right. If more people refused to be a sheep and vote for the 'lesser of two evils' then we could actually get someone who could change the country into office.

Unfortunately: we both lose. Because it's an endless cycle of the chicken or the egg, we're going to get stuck with one of the two evils and have to start all over again next election. We lose. The country loses. And nothing changes.

And nothing will, until we change the way things are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment