Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day Two Hundred and Ninety Five - Is It Worth It?

I have a friend, we'll call him Teddy because although he appears to be someone you'd never want to meet in a dark alley, like most giant men who have done time, he's a Teddy Bear. Teddy is 37. And found the love of his life. I met him about two years ago. And ever since he's been telling me that he'll never find anyone, and never get married. That is, until he met her. He's blissful. He's beaming. He's in love and wants to marry her, and there is no doubt in my mind that she'll say yes. He waited for her for 36 years, and I bet if you asked him, he'd wait another 36.

I guess my thought is simply that love, true love, with the person who completes you, is worth the wait, no matter how long it takes or the road you traveled to find them. Knowing Teddy as well as I do, I can say that she is one lucky woman. And knowing his standards, so is he. I'm only 24. While I don't want to wait another 12 years (especially for the sake of my uterus) to find the right guy, if that's what it takes to not settle for someone that isn't right... then I will. Because that look in his eye... that tells me that its worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment