Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day One Hundred and Five - When My Mind Leaves Today So Does My Peace

It's a fairly simple concept, and it is the entire message of today's incredibly brief blog.

When my mind leaves today, and goes to dwell in either the past or the future, my peace leaves with it. When I am focused on today, my heart is at rest and full of joy. It has everything it desires and sings constantly of the goodness of God. But when my mind begins to dwell on what ifs, my heart is thrown into confusion and doubt, and my peace vanishes.

The thing about that is planning is one thing, I'm a planner, I love planning, but worrying about tomorrow doesn't change tomorrow one bit. It doesn't make it better or worse; it only robs me of my peace.

And I sort of got addicted to peace. Tomorrow will take care of itself. I have everything I need today. Except enough sleep. And the one provision I am going to make for tomorrow is go to bed early today, so I don't have the same deficit in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment