Monday, March 5, 2012

Day One Hundred and Three - When You Have A Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

The first half of my day was fantastic. I learned of the birth of a very handsome Sparkly Marshmallow named Ezekiel and am very happy that he and his momma are doing well! Congratulations!

The second half of my day was not. I will not go into detail, for the situation itself is still incredibly messy, and it is not be aired publicly.

But what I can say is how it made me feel, that I believe, is in my right.

And I feel like shit. And this, friends, is why we have what I love to call 'emergency plans'. My emergency plan is my husker blanket, my stuffed elephant, and Winnie the Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin. No matter what has happened, those things make me feel better. And they do. Granted, I switched out the Pooh for some Mythbusters, but the concept remains the same. I've had that emergency plan for years and it does indeed, always help.

But it doesn't fix. It calms me down enough, though, to where I can bring it to the Fixer. In this particular situation especially, it is completely out of my power to fix. But not His. Never His. It is always in His power to fix, and I hope it is His will as well. And when I have brought it to Him, and laid it down, and asked that He do the fixing, I get my peace back.

I've never been good with peace. With being at rest with God. But by some miracle (and the help of my friend Bruce) I found it. And it is addictive. It is awesome. It is the best thing I have ever found ever. It is joy and peace, and nothing is going to take that from me. Not even the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

I invite you to do the same. Have an emergency plan. (Preferably one that does not involve binge drinking or any other bad choices.) And when you are calm, bring it all before the Fixer. And then, strive no more, but sleep well, and face a new day, hand in hand with the Fixer.

No comments:

Post a Comment