Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day One Hundred and Six - Tired at 9pm

Tonight, I was determined to stay up at least until 10pm watching TV and playing video games.

1) I now remember why I have never replayed Twilight Princess, that entire game makes no f*ing sense. The chickens...? Really? Chicken palace in the sky? I love you sometimes, Japan, but we've gotta talk about how much weird is too much weird. Back to OoT.

2) My interest in TV wanes. There are good shows on, but I couldn't care less. I just want to do my bible reading and get some sleep. Not because I have a lot to do tomorrow, I only have a mild amount to do tomorrow and timing isn't really important, I could wake up at 10am and still get it all done. But I want to, I want to go do my bible reading while I am still conscious and I want to get some sleep.

3) I wake up most days between 7 and 7:30. And frankly, I have no idea why. Who does that when they don't have to?! I start my job (at home) every day between 9 and 10am. There is no reason for me to get up at 7am other than because I want to. And I do. I find myself more productive, but... it's still nuts.

Or is it? Do you know how quiet this town is at 9pm? The world has a strange hush then, its just when the night owls are coming out. I don't remember where I first heard it but it is true (summer of 2009 exempted): "The probability of you doing something you'll regret drastically increases after 10pm." Don't get me wrong, there is something to be said for spontaneous behavior that lasts into the night. There is something to be said for staying up until the sun rises. But there is also something to be said in waking up to see it, and using the night as a quiet time for your soul.

My point is this: there is a time and a season for each. If it is your season of quiet, don't fight it. It is mine. But if it is your season for loud, don't let anyone look down on you for it. There is a time for quiet and a time for loud, a time for nights and a time for mornings, a time for coffee and a time for sleep. Personally, I like the quiet seasons better than the loud, but that too is a new development. Maybe I'm just getting old ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment