Saturday, March 24, 2012

Day One Hundred and Twenty Two - Hunger

Sometimes, the inner battle is simply exhausting. Today is one of those days. Today the battle is simple, I am longing. It's a sort of nameless need, but it is there and it is insistent and part of me feels as if this thing that I so desperately want seems denied to me. 

And there's the battle. Do I really believe that God will provide? Do I really believe that He has placed this godly desire on my heart? Do I really believe that He is willing and able? Do I really believe that only He can fill me? Yes, yes, yes, and yes. And so, wearied, I remember: I can stop fighting. I'm never going to win. But He is. And He can. And He has. All I have to do is turn my eyes to Him and give Him the burden. He will bear it. 

What is exhausting you that you are you forgetting to give to Him?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment