Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day One Hundred and Twenty - Make Me A Sammich

It's been a while, but even so, I'll keep this rant short and sweet.

I get made fun of a lot for being rather... guy-ish. Have you ever seen that movie "He's Just Not That Into You"? You remember the part where it cut to 'regular' women sitting on benches talking about different lines guys have used to break up with them? I've used each and every one of those. Usually not for break ups but for turn downs but the point remains. I have. Every. Single. One.

I'm not a huge fan of sappy or cheesy lines. And I'll tell you why - a line takes absolutely no effort what so ever. It can be reused on a hundred girls. I hate lines, even the super cute ones. It's sort of weird, since verbal affirmation is one of my highest rated love languages. But a sappy one liner isn't a verbal affirmation. It's a LINE.

Maybe it does make me a guy, but if anyone is going to use something cheesy on me, I'd rather they shut their mouth, get off their butt, and make me a grilled cheese sammich. That will prove your love a hell of a lot more than a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment