Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day One Hundred and Ninety Six - Conviction

Do what needs to be done, even when it's hard. Do what you believe is right, even when it means throwing yourself under the bus. Do everything today that you can, even when you're tired and want to put it off until tomorrow. 

I've always known those things, I was taught well. But most of the time, I just do what I feel. And sometimes, I feel like doing what needs to be done, doing what is right, and getting enough done to be able to sleep with peace of mind. Sometimes. Most of the time, however, I don't. And my life reflects that. 

Enough. Enough now. "When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways." 1 Cor. 13:11 Being a child is easy. Growing up is hard. Being grown up is hard. But maybe, like tying your shoes, what once seemed like the most intricate puzzle ever made, will become a reflex motion. 

At the very least, I know I'll sleep well every night. And that's really all the time I have for writing because there are still things to be done tonight, and bed is rapidly approaching. 

P.S. I hope you all had a fantastic day and have an amazing night!

No comments:

Post a Comment