Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day Two Hundred and Fifteen - I Hate Summer

No, really. I do. It is my least favorite season. My favorite, by far, is autumn. My second favorite is winter. Spring is only third due to how much I hate summer. I hate summer so much I honestly cannot understand why other people like it. Other than parents, I get that. If I was a parent I'd like having my kids around to spend more time with them without school or homework. But since I'm not a parent, I don't get it. It's %$#%&# hot. The humidity is usually above 70%. It's sticky, my electrical bill goes through the roof because of my AC. I cannot excuse my paleness on the snow outside. Why does anyone like this season?!

Fall, on the other hand... if there was a place in the world that was perpetually fall, I'd do anything it took to move there. It is gourd season. It is turn off your heat and your AC and sleep with the window open buried deep under the covers. It is pumpkin pie and turkey and stuffing season. It is apple and sweater season. It is scarf season. It is cocoa and apple cider season. It is the perfect season.

And winter! Winter sparkles when it snows, and glitters every time you breathe. Winter is chock full of Christmas. And family. And pea coats. More scarves. And gloves. Savory soups and thick broths. Winter storms. Pink noses. Every day is a 'stay inside and read' day. Winter does kill my heating bill, but I don't mind as much. It's either a heating bill or the same gas goes into my stove. Either way, my house is never too cold.

Spring... spring has pretty flowers, chill mornings, and fresh fruit. And baby rabbits. They're cute.

And summer... summer is the devil.

Just thought you all should know how I feel about the subject. Feel free to tell me how you feel about the subject. I'm more than curious. I will not change your mind, you will not change mine, but I'd love to hear about it all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment