Friday, June 1, 2012

Day One Hundred and Ninety One - The Most Attractive Thing About Me

Dear boys (notice boys, not men. I am not addressing men, they have already figured this out),

The most attractive thing about me is my mind. If that concept seems foreign to you, I am so far out of your league that I'm amazed you can even see me.

Don't get me wrong, I have a pretty face and a decent body, but those don't even come close to the beauty of my mind. It is my mind that writes these words, it is my mind that makes me smile in the quiet moments, it is my mind that you should want to get to know. My lips cease to be lovely if nothing good comes out of them, but their beauty is magnified when praise flows from them.

Understand this: My mind is the most attractive part of me. Without it, I am nothing but a face and a body. And I am not a doll. So do not mistake me for one. If my intelligence intimidates you, I would encourage you to be inspired instead. When I meet someone more intelligent than myself (which, truthfully, is rather frequent) it always makes me want to become more intelligent myself.

Do not be complacent in your ignorance and stupidity. Better yourself. Not only for your sake, but for the sake of those you interact with on a daily basis. For those you interact with... ever.

And lastly, dear boys, yes, I am a grammar Nazi. Because it literally makes me wince each and every time you make a mistake. It hurts me. However, if I know you possess the ability to write and speak correctly, chances are I'll let it slide. But if you text/speak garbled letters, numbers, and symbols, then yes, I will point it out because DAMN ARE YOU 12?! No, that's mean. That's an insult to the 12 year olds I know. Allow me to rephrase, are you a 12 year old on World of Warcraft?! Write and speak like an adult, or don't expect to be treated like one.

Sincerely,

Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment