Monday, June 18, 2012

Day Two Hundred and Eight - Dawn

I honestly stopped believing this day would come. I was told it would so many times, that dawn would come. But year after year passed and I stopped believing. I forgot anything other than the night, I forgot what it was like to live in the day. I forgot what it was like to not struggle for every step, what it was like when the sun shined and made everything clearer. What it was like to not be walking under a raining cloud that haunted my every step.

It's... indescribable. I don't have to fight for this joy, just feel it. I feel new and clean and found. I feel soft. My faults have not faded away with the shadows, but their condemnation has. Their evil has been removed, and they are just unsightly shrubberies that need pruning and weeding. There is a distinct lack of utter catastrophes in the garden that is my life. But there is a lovely cup of tea and a wonderful God to talk to.

He's got plans. Certain things needed the night, I know that much. A lot needed to be tilled in the cold, in the dark. And now it is time for light, for dawn, for morning. Now it is time for dewy grass and bright rays and steaming cups of coffee. The night was allowed for a time, but it has been banished. And I am free once again.

To enjoy this beautiful life, my amazing friends, and my God without a thousand pounds pressing me down. To smile and just let things come to pass and pass. After almost three years, Dawn has arrived. And the promise that it would be so much brighter than I could anticipate... was completely true. It's beautiful. It's simple. It was all done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment