Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day Two Hundred And Two - To Learn, That's Why

Today, I spent 45 minutes scrubbing, boiling, soaking, scraping, and chipping a pan to clean it. Why, you ask? Well because I had to learn not to burn sugar in pans, that's why. And this time, when it came time to boil water and sugar in the pan, I didn't leave it for a moment. I learned my lesson. Because I never want to spend another 45 minutes of my life chipping burned sugar out of a pan ever again.

Consequences are there to teach us. They are not punishments, they are the glue that makes the lessons stick. I am very thick skulled. Everyone knows this. If cleaning the pan had been easy, I wouldn't have taken the lesson as seriously. But now, I won't burn it again.

Granted, consequences are usually a lot worse than a 45 minute pan. But they are so that we may learn. So let us scrub and chip and soak and get it over with and learn and continue.

Because let me tell you, the candied orange peels were totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment