Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day Two Hundred and Ten - Wishes

I have an incredibly nasty habit. I wish. All the time. I wish everything was different. I wish I lived in a house instead of an apartment because I want a dog and a herb spiral. I wish I had a husband. I wish I made enough money to have a savings account. I wish I had a steady job instead of a temp one. I wish I wish I wish.

And that's no way to live. I have to focus on the positives, and turn my wishes into goals. In time, I'll be able to afford a mortgage payment. Those become easier when my student loans aren't eating hundreds of dollars from my paycheck every month, and that's only a few years away. The husband thing... I just need to focus on being a better woman right now. And jobs... take time. I can move up the ladder, and am thankful for the ones I have had. Money is it's own beast. The fact that I have enough is a huge blessing.

Wishes are useless. They just make not lead this stage of life as well as I ought. It makes me miss the opportunities in front of me right now. It steals my joy. Goals are good. Goals are motivation, goals keep us moving.

No more wishes. Only goals. And working hard for those goals, to get what I work for. No more wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment