Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day Two Hundred and Forty Five - 30,000 Steps

Sometimes, life can be a bitch, and we have a saying for that. For every step we take forward, sometimes, it seems like life makes us take 3 back. But... that's not true. Today, I took 30,000 literal steps (14.5 miles, but not like anyone was counting). And no matter how many times I had to turn around and go in the opposite direction, those steps still counted toward my total. And that's sort of my point in today's mini blog - going backward isn't taking steps back. It's just more steps. Life cannot take away where you've been, the lessons you've learned, or who you've become. It can only make your goals a little harder to reach. And each day is full of steps (I'm not saying 30,000, but if I was, does even 1 step back really make a difference at that point?), some forward, some back, some to the side. Each day you learn, you grow, you move. Nothing can take that away from you. It's yours. It's you. So keep going. You'll get there. After all, if I can walk 30,000 steps in a day, then any of us can get anywhere in a reasonable amount of time, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment