Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day Two Hundred and Thirty Five - The Steep Learning Curve of Excellent People

I feel like I've been rather speechless over the last few days, and tried to fill in the blog anyway. I'm sorry about that, I just am not ready to talk about what is really occupying my mind. Right now, it's just for me. 

But... I'm learning to like surprises. I've been surprised more times than I can count this week. Each and every single time it has been pleasant. More than pleasant. The curl your toes and grin sort of good. The catch yourself daydreaming while waiting for the elevators sort of good. The calm that reaches from the tips of your fingers to the top of your head and everywhere in between sort of good. 

It feels so strange, to have so many good things happen to me each day. To be rather lavished with affection. Genuine affection. To feel so very wanted. But most importantly, to feel as if I am wanted for myself. Not for who I try to be, but the me that comes out anyway. My boundless enthusiasm for the most random things. That little patch of hair that I can never get to not curl like an absurd 80's do. My deep love of Morgan Freeman's voice explaining the laws of physics to me. My delight in mildly offensive jokes. 

And it's freeing. To have the little and the big things alike be so appreciated. It's like an open invitation to be myself all the time. Which... makes it easier to be myself all of the time. And to revel in it. And to want everyone else to be who they are, because they are SO much more interesting that way. 

All of this is from the steep learning of excellent people. I love who I've surrounded myself with, all of them. And I can't wait for them to all get to know each other a little more. Nothing would make me happier. 


No comments:

Post a Comment