Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day Two Hundred and Twenty Four - Thoughts

If I had never seen an ad telling me how I ought to look, how would I feel about my body?

If I didn't define my status in society by my job, what would I do?

If I cleansed my heart from negative thoughts and emotions as often as I showered, what would I feel like?

If I stopped making excuses, how much could I accomplish in my life?

If I put as much effort into understanding people as I did into being understood by them, what would my relationships look like?

If I ACTED as though my priorities are what I SAY they are, what would my life look like?

If I stopped not doing things because I'm afraid to look stupid, how much more would I enjoy my life?

If I laughed at every opportunity, how much more would I smile?

If I allowed myself more grace, how much more grace would I extend to others?

If I got rid of everything I was saving just in case I might need it someday, how much more room would I have for the things I need right now?

Why, when I make so many mistakes, do I still always think I'm right?

If I spent one week doing only what I wanted to do and what needed to be done, what would I feel like at the end of it?

If I cried every time I felt like it, would my perception of small hurts and big hurts change at all?

If I stopped feeling guilty about yesterday, and worried about tomorrow, how would I feel about today?

No comments:

Post a Comment