Saturday, July 14, 2012

Two Hundred and Thirty Four - Foodies

I love foodies. I'm now getting to the point where I'm having more and more trouble being friends with people who aren't. Last night, I ate steak smothered with crab and cheese stuffed mushroom, and grilled asparagus, and garlic bread. It. Was. Delicious. On so many levels. And was on the verge of disbelief when I was told someone had found that very meal unappealing.

The combination of flavors, though I'd never had them before, were mesmerizing. They played on my tongue, constantly bringing out new flavors. I wanted to consume everything on that plate. And anything else that may have been put in front of me. I love trying new things. 

And I've noticed that being adventurous with the food on the plate more easily translates into being adventurous in life. To be active, to do, to try new things. 

And I love that I'm surrounded by adventurous foodies. They have made my life so much fuller. So, there's a lot that goes into my shock when all you ever eat for lunch is PB&J and a granola bar. Here. Have some gorgonzola with a bit of strawberry. Please. Just try it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment