Friday, July 27, 2012

Day Two Hundred and Forty Seven - OLYMPICS

Look, I took a sick day at work. And I HATE taking sick days. I would much rather be working. I do not want to feel hot and cold and run a fever and be achy and feel horrible. I'd much rather take 8 hours of work and making money than a wasted day in my bed. I only told you all that to explain why today's is so very short. I have a pounding headache to top it off. However, it's July 27th, 2012. And that means one thing: the Olympics started today. I'm watching the opening ceremonies right now, and they are inspiring. The national pride that radiates from each nation is palpable. In this world full of war it is a great shining light of peace and innovation and the good type of national pride. It's one of my absolute favorite things. I will watch so much Olympic coverage in the next 17 days, I will only dream in 3 colors. Gold, silver, and bronze. Let's go divers, swimmers, gymnasts, and runners. Let's bring home the gold, and even if we don't, let's cheer for the ones for the ones who do.


No comments:

Post a Comment