Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day Two Hundred and Forty - Happiness

Happiness is... cooking dinner together. Playing two different video games while sitting next to each other. Playing the same video game, trash talking, while not really caring who wins. Sitting on a porch listening to the best live music I've ever heard, even though it is not even close to my usual genre. Having the best bartender in the state make my drinks virgin for no other reason than affection. Being brought iced coffee because I was yawning too much. Not having to say a word because my mouth is so full of sushi all I can get out is the 'm' part of 'yum'. Laughing so hard I'm fairly sure I have rice stuck in my nasal passages. Sharing an excitement for life. Sharing a love of getting enough sleep. Appreciating the differences as well as the similarities. Feeling more comfortable in my own skin, with my own laugh, when we're together. Never being ashamed of my dorkiness. Our friends getting along. Playing spades and not getting mad because I busted nil. Twice. Just wanting to spend time together and not caring what we're doing in the meantime.

Needless to say... it's been the happiest week I've had in years. And for the next three days I anticipate being nothing but utterly blissful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment