Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day Two Hundred and Twenty Nine - Because I Must

I read Jane Austen novels. I watch Disney movie classics. I watch period romances. I watch Love Actually over and over and over again. Because I must.

Because there is a heart of flesh deep in my chest somewhere that is determined not to lose faith in love. In love stories. In romance, even the little ones without much consequence or intrigue. Somehow, by watching, by reading, by knowing the love of others, it helps me not to lose faith that I am still capable of it. That not all hope is lost.

The same is true when it comes to faith. Sometimes, it all seems so hopeless. I feel so incredibly unfinished, and sometimes without hope that I'll ever get better at life. But life is just as full of faith as it is of love stories. It is full of miracles, it is full of wonder and answered prayer. Enough to keep the soul in hope, the same way a love story can keep the heart in hope.

And it reminds me, every good story is full of unfulfilled hopes and strife, until they're not. Every prayer is unanswered, until it is. That's just how it works. So I will keep reading, keep watching, keep listening and being a romantic and full of hope. Because it's who I am. Because I must.

No comments:

Post a Comment