Monday, July 16, 2012

Day Two Hundred and Thirty Seven - Tomorrow

I feel like I've been playing catch up for days now. Life has just been so full (of awesome) that I haven't had time for my usual routine and I'm still behind. But for the next two days, my routine will get back on schedule. Tomorrow is Tuesday, after all, Erica day. We're making banana bread. And it'll feel really good to get to spend some time in my kitchen. I want to do laundry and pick up my room and living room as well. They only need an hour or two of attention and I'm more than willing to give it. After Thursday, my routine goes right out the window again.

And that's the thing: when you add someone new into your life, your routine goes through a sort of overhaul. It's not thrown out completely, I'd lose my mind without any sort of routine. But it needs adjustment to absorb the changes before it'll even out again. Like today - today was supposed to be dedicated to domestic bliss. Instead, it was dedicated to fixing my car (Julia has AC again!) and talking to friends to give an outlet to my numerous emotions. I needed today just as much as I need to do laundry tomorrow.

And tomorrow will deal with itself. Too much of my routine is spent worrying about tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, having tomorrow prepared for is one thing. But it'll take care of itself. Especially if I don't hit snooze. Because TODAY what I need the most right now isn't a packed lunch, but a good sleep.

I know I'll get a handle on all of these changes, and I wouldn't go back if I could. I love how my life is changing right now. Tomorrow will take care of itself, and I will take care of today. That's all I need to know right now. And it is more than enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment