Monday, July 23, 2012

Day Two Hundred and Forty Three - Living Life

My phone was pretty much silent today, well, from my end anyway. Because I was too busy living my life to be talking about it. And I like it that way. I spent the day at work, the evening on a boat, and the night watching the new Batman movie (which is amazing!). It was wonderful and relaxing, though I am fairly sure my kidney's started failing during the movie as it didn't matter how badly I had to pee, I wasn't about to miss anything. But that's beside the point.

The point is that for the longest time I pretty much lived like a hermit. Which has it's time and place and purpose, but I would only do things I knew with people I knew. Lately, I've been stepping out of that box a lot more and my life has filled up with wonderful experiences. Listening to live music, Sunday Fundays, eating new foods (I do not recommend raw squid), trying new things, going out and living life.

The thing for me was that I said 'no' so often to invitations that eventually people stopped asking. Not because I wasn't invited, but because they weren't going to waste their breath. The difference for me was to start saying yes, and get uncomfortable, and live life socially. Even introverts are social creatures. Even we need to get out and have some fun.

I hate to reinforce the message of a Jim Carrey movie here, but he did kind of have a point. Start saying yes. Not to everything. Say no to crack and women (or men) of questionable morals and people who don't respect you and all that jazz. But start saying yes to things that are good, they just might make you a little uncomfortable. You'll survive, I promise. And your life will be more full than you ever thought it could be, much faster than you could anticipate.

Start saying yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment