Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Fourteen - I Forgot

Miniblog: I have forgotten what true, communal worship is supposed to look like. I saw it today, and realized that not only had I forgotten that that is what is supposed to look like, sound like, feel like, but that I'd forgotten how. That I'd spent so long wrestling with God and being disappointed in my own visions of how I'd wanted things to end up and refusing to see His blessings and provisions that I hadn't lost myself in genuine worship in far, far too long. I was humbled. I am humbled. And thankfully, now hungry. That is what I need. I need to get lost in His glory and praise His holiness. Because that, my friends, is the sole purpose for my existence. That is what I was made for, that is where my joy, my happiness, my fulfillment, my peace, my purpose, my love, my hope, my everything comes from worship. My life for His glory. My life an act of worship. Together with the rest of His people. How had I forgotten that?

No comments:

Post a Comment