Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Thirty Eight - By Comparison

I'm dating an Italian supermodel. Well. He could be. A Spanish one at least. I'm not sure if you have to be Italian to be an Italian supermodel (we have Victoria's Secret Angels that are Russian) but I digress. He's literally that good looking. It's incredibly distracting when we talk because sometimes my thoughts just wonder... Arg. Again. Digress. I promise I have a point. 

I always thought that if I ever, by some stroke of incomprehensible luck, was with someone that was just jaw dropping-ly, drool inducing-ly, stop you dead in your tracks-ingly, good looking, that I would constantly feel ugly by comparison. I don't. I feel ten times hotter now than I did the day before we met. I feel stunning all the time. 

When he skypes me in the morning, knowing that I'm just waking up and haven't showered or done my make up or my hair and tells me, "You look so beautiful right now." Or when I get home from work and I'm telling him a story about it and he stops me and says, "Baby, I do want to hear that story, I just need you to start over because when I saw you I couldn't think straight. You're absolutely stunning." Or the times that I've called him when I was crying because I was having a bad day and he says, "I know you're hurting, love, but I just have to tell you, you're the prettiest crier I've ever seen." It's constant. There is not a single moment that he doesn't take the time to tell me how beautiful he thinks I am. And because of that, I feel stunning. All the time. My Italian supermodel makes me feel radiantly beautiful. 

Because there is no comparison. He never says, "You look like (insert famous pretty lady here)," or, "You're as beautiful as (insert pretty person here),". There is no comparison. He thinks I am beautiful. Period. It's not about how I look in relation to anyone else. It's just about how I look in his eyes. And when you know those eyes see only you... there aren't words to describe how beautiful you feel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment