Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Twenty Two - Chin Up

The last few weeks have been a struggle. Madison didn't pan out like I thought it would, which actually makes me happy, now that I look back on it. In fact, a lot about the last few weeks makes me happy now that I look back on it. Which is interesting, as when I was going through it everything looked dismal. And now... now everything looks bright. 

I've got a few job opportunities now that I'm excited about, and don't know which one is going to pan out. But I do know something will. I'm looking for a place for my heterosexual life mate and I to share for the next year, and while we're finding all of nothing, I have a peace in my heart that tells me all will be well and we'll find something. I'm applying for part time work for nights and weekends at stores that are not going to pay me enough but that will be fun to work at for extra income because I really hate being idle and want to save as much money as possible so I can see Anthem as much as humanly possible as we continue to fall in love and mesh our lives together. 

I just... have hope. And for the first time, not the hope that only exists in my mind for a bunch of things that are never going to happen, but a real hope. A hope for a big girl, stable job. A hope for the best roommate I could imagine. A hope that in time, with work, Anthem and I can find a way to be in the same state. A hope that life will come together, one step at a time, as I trust God and work to make it the life I want. A real hope, a tangible hope, a peaceful hope. 

And it's led me to start each day with my chin up. It doesn't matter what happens in the day, or how my plans change, the important things have stayed the same. So chin up. Whatever you're going through, I can tell you, is not bigger than you. You are stronger than anything that will try and break you. 

And hey. We're all in this together. So chin up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment