Monday, October 15, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Twenty - Countdown

I'm not a patient person. I never have been. But there are levels of patience that I can do and levels that I can't. Waiting forever for something I'm not sure will even happen = not good at. Having a countdown and merely have to fill the time = much easier. Granted, there is a middle ground of waiting for something I know is going to happen with no idea when it's going to happen = sucks a whole lot but possible.

I never saw Anthem coming, so I didn't really have to wait for him. Not specifically. Had I been waiting for a man like that to come into my life, knowing all that I was missing and all that he would be, I'd have quickly lost my mind. Once we found each other though, another waiting game started. I didn't know when I would actually be able to be next to him. To hold his hand. To kiss him. To walk with him. To cook with him. To cuddle with him. To be able to hold him and look in his eyes when I tell him I love him. Oh and dance. There will be dancing. I knew that God would provide, I knew we'd find a way, but had no time table. Which is doable, but torturous. 

Until today. Today, I get to have a countdown. In twenty-one days I will be with Anthem for 5 straight days. And honestly, immediately, I have more energy, and more motivation. I've got a lot to do in the next three weeks. And I've got something to look forward to. I have a goal. And that... that's exactly what I needed. 

Life lesson: if you're stuck, make a goal and try and give yourself a firm deadline. Actual lesson: DEAR HEAVEN I'M EXCITED!

No comments:

Post a Comment