Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Twenty Four - On The Spot

Life takes persistence. Big girl jobs have hiring processes that take weeks. And sometimes, after investing weeks, they still say no. And when you search the classifieds and nothing comes up and you're tired of getting your hopes up only to have them dashed. And then there are times like today. Days where everything falls into place in a matter of hours. 

I woke up without anything to do and absolutely abysmal weather. Which, in case you didn't know, is my favorite. I braved the frigid Midwestern hurricane to drop off my application for a part time, nights and weekends, purely additional income job. Within an hour of dropping it off, I got a phone call requesting an interview for today. After the interview, I was hired on the spot and start tomorrow. 

Granted, there is still the matter of my full time job, and finding an apartment for me and my heterosexual life partner, but they never had to go in any particular order. One job is better than none. And I only applied to part time jobs I knew I would love. This one is working at a kitchen supply store. A homey, always smells good, owned by a super nice lady kitchen supply store. 

So now I've got something to help me pass the time, while providing minimal income, until I see Anthem. Until I find a new place to live. Until I get my big girl job. And when everything else does eventually find its way, its still going to be nice to have. It's just nice to have one piece of the puzzle together. It's just nice when at least one thing falls into place so nicely. Gives me hope. 

And we all need a little hope to get us through the rough times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment