Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Ten - More And More

I've always hated the phrase, "I love you more and more each day." Because I always sort of thought it was total bull. If you really love someone, you can't love them more. You might be able to show them that you love them better, but the amount of love... would be the same. 

I was totally wrong. Perfect love from a perfect person doesn't change. Since my love is not perfect, nor am I, it does. It can actually grow as I do. How do I know? Why, I'm glad you asked. Because, rather like the Grinch, my heart has grown at least three sizes in the past two weeks. And each day I am more capable of loving truly, freely, and without fear. What I have found the most shocking isn't that I can truly love more each day as I am grown in love, but that each day I love myself more as well. 

It's truly mind blowing. The more we are loved, the more we can love. The more we let ourselves be loved, the more we are loved. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. What I do know is that there is no going back from this. This is the sort of thing that changes you, forever. This is the sort of thing you wait for your whole life. This is the sort of thing you never let go of, not ever. This is the sort of thing that fills your heart to bursting, that unstops your mouth and lets you sing praise in the sweetest voice that has ever passed your lips. Hear me sing, now. And never try to stop me, not ever ever again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment