Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Twenty Five - Morgasma

I'm gonna take a post and dedicate it to someone else. Her name is Morgasma and she's kind of my hero. See, I fell in love with Morgasma thanks to the OSM. They're best friends those two. In fact, I heartily believe that they're meant for each other. If not in this particular universe than in one of them. She's the only person I know that can keep up with him, and put him in his place when necessary. Anyway, so that's how I met her.

I fell in love with her over a number of months, mostly seeing her at Sunday Fundays. Her laugh is one of the most genuine I've ever seen. She throws her head back and out comes this triumphant sound that is infectious. Whenever I'm around her, life is just more enjoyable. And she never looked down on me because I was young, just like the OSM. I have no idea what she saw in me, but she likes me too. She enjoys spending time with me. Probably not as much as I enjoy her, but she does. She is strong, confident, beautiful, radiant, sarcastic, and altogether wonderful. She's kind of my hero.

And a few weeks ago, this absolutely crazy awesome woman survived a stroke. And she didn't just survive. She's rebounding at a rate that is miraculous. But her life is still not like she had planned. Not right now. I fall to pieces when a Wednesday goes wrong. And she's struggling to use half her limbs. And she's still got a better sense of humor than I do.

I can't imagine what she's going through. I can't imagine being stuck in a hospital and having to relearn how to do things I could do a few weeks ago. I can't imagine not knowing when I'd be able to drive again. I can't imagine laughing. And yet she does. She laughs and makes jokes and smiles. Morgasma is still there. Despite everything that's happened to her, she's stayed true to herself. That light isn't gone. She's just... amazing.

And I'm not good at expressing that, not to people's faces. I don't know what to say, or what to do with my hands. When I saw her, I was so impressed. She's doing so well. I simply felt useless. I can't wait to make her the pie I promised her and kick her ass in a board game because I am not above taking advantage of her to win board games, but neither of those things will do anything to help her. She's made of steel, that one. And I look up to her, so much. I always have, and always will. I'm intimidated by her, to be really honest. But... well if I was in the hospital and bored out of my mind, I'd want her to come to me and kick my ass in a board game and for a little while just feel as if everything was normal.

So... Morgamsa? You're my hero. And I'm gonna make you pie and kick your ass in a board game. So... let me know which one you'd like to lose. And sorry I don't know what to do with my hands. You're amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment