Friday, October 26, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Thirty Three - Waaaaaah

Important life lesson: if the person you love thinks you're attractive - fuck what anyone else things, including and especially yourself.

Now. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying find someone with a weird body mod fetish. Or someone who encourages you to be unhealthy. But if you're insecure about your body, and your partner isn't, listen to your partner.

I've always been a little insecure about my appearance. Anthem tells me I'm beautiful constantly. And I'm starting to believe him. I'm carrying myself differently because I feel attractive. And he's been encouraging me to try new things, new styles, new ways of presenting myself. Which, other than minimal makeup, nude eye shadow, chapstick, and a ponytail, everything is new. Bangs, for instance. Those were his idea. And he was right. I look fantastic with bangs. Today, I tried a poof for my bangs. With bobby pins and hair spray and the whole nine yards. And it looked good too. Felt a little weird but it did look good.

Though of course, I had to tease myself. And that's when my HLM (Heterosexual Life Mate) sent me back a joke. It's from the Princess Diaries II. Watch it. It's 30 seconds long and very important to understanding the rest of this blog.

See the thing is, a lot of the time we get so wrapped up in what people are thinking of us that we lose sight that the ones we love and who love us are the only ones who matter. If Anthem liked me in antlers, I'd probably wear them. Because the only person I'm trying to attract is him. I want to make the boy moose go "Waaaaaaah" and if that means I have to face my fears, so be it. My insecurity is not going to stop me from being attractive to him. If you have a boy moose (or a girl moose) find out what makes them go Waaaaaah and try it.

Because often times, you being comfortable in your skin, is what makes them go 'Waaaaaah' the loudest.

No comments:

Post a Comment