Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Seventeen - No Trace

They're gone. The blanket, the unfinished book, the picture hidden in my closet. Gone. The blanket went to a good home. The unfinished book is rotting in a landfill. And the picture is ripped up. (And the digital back up of the picture has also been destroyed.) I was thorough. They have no power anymore. Because I took it back. 

Sidenote: just like I took the power from Facebook in not having to make my relationship Facebook official to make it real. Seriously. Such freedom. I do not need the world to know who I am dating in order for it to be real. 

These objects became powerless the moment I realized that they were nothing but empty weights and that I didn't want them anymore. Nor the dream they once represented. I want only Anthem and our brand new future together. So the blanket had to leave, because those memories brought no warmth anymore. And the unfinished book was no longer my responsibility to finish. It's.. It's not my dream anymore. And the picture was just a picture, a snap shot of a different time. It was nothing more but pixels and faded memories. Just like every other picture. But this one had no place in my present. 

More importantly, they are no longer hidden. They are not safe from the world, tucked away from reality. They have been brought into the open. They are not my secrets anymore. They are things that were found in a dark closet, lost in my heart, and have no place there anymore. And they haven't, not for years. It simply took the light that Anthem brought into my heart to help me see that. 

Now that they're gone, I'm free. Free to fly higher. Free to dream bigger. Free to love wholly. Free for a new future. Free to remember the good times without dredging up the bad ones. Free to leave it unresolved because I just don't care anymore. And now... now my heart is clean. Warm. Free. And now that I've told the world, and let them go, I'll never think of them again. 

And now to live the rest of my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment