Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Thirty Two - Invisible Snow

A friend texted me this morning because she wanted to be the first person to tell me that it was snowing. I grinned, and popped my head up to look out the window. And frowned. There was no snow. I plopped my head back down on my pillow and tried to go back to sleep. That is until God nudged me. "Get up and look." He said. So after a moment of arguing, I got out of my warm bed, bundled up, went out into the cold air and looked. There was no snow. I turned to go back inside and He said, "No. Walk down the stairs and really look." I sighed, but since I was outside anyway, did what He said. Still no snow. And then I felt it. On my cheek. Then my forehead. Then my temple. And my cheek again. And I smiled. It was snowing. It was invisible snow.

And the point of all of this was simple. Just because I don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there. Sometimes you have to get a little uncomfortable and step out in faith to find out if something is real, to find out if it's there. No more peeking from the windows. Stepping out.

It's about time I actually practiced my faith. He's not going to drop me. About time I started living like I actually trusted Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment