Monday, October 22, 2012

Day Three Hundred and Twenty Nine - Mine

There are very few things in the world that are mine. And most of the things that I think are, aren't really. Or they won't be soon enough. My apartment, my car, my clothes, my books... all will pass in and out of my hands during my brief life. But Anthem... I was talking to him today and I couldn't even tell you what we were talking about, but he was more handsome than I've ever seen him and it just sort of hit me. This can't be real. I can't get to stare at this guy, kiss this guy, flirt with this guy, be with this guy, all the time... But it is. It's real. He's mine. And all the things between us, the jokes, the laughs, the fights, the love, the tenderness, the shared heart to hearts, those are all real things. More real than my apartment and car and clothes. And they're not going anywhere. They will always be mine, stored in my heart. The things between us are between us. And while I'm glad you all know how happy I am, I'm glad that I have something that is just for me, and not to be shared.


No comments:

Post a Comment